Dive Into LembehLembeh Strait, Manado, North Sulawesi
Dive Into Lembeh is nestled in Kasawari bay and has its own resort, located on the main land of the Lembeh Strait – a true macro photographer’s paradise- just off the north east coast of Sulawesi and is famous for it’s “muck diving” on black volcanic sand. The resort is located at the northern end of the Strait out of sight of Bitung harbor in the south, offering unspoiled views of Lembeh Island.
Muck diving is all about spotting weird and wonderful underwater critters, species that you would normally not find during a regular dive.
Dive Into Lembeh prides itself on not using plastic bottles or straws in the resort. Guests are given their own personal refillable water container on check in. To minimize carbon footprints, the resort kindly asks guests to be conservative in the use of water and electricity and turn lights, TV and air conditioning off whilst not in the room. To find out more about this area, visit our Manado page.
The guide cost per person for this trip is US $75 and includes a local lunch, bottled water, English speaking guide and air-conditioned transportation. A minimum of two people is required to run the trip.
Minahasa Highland Tour Full day tour commencing after breakfast at around 08:00AM and you will be back in the resort in time for dinner. We take you to visit a variety of sights around the highlands of North Sulawesi, including:-
- “Sawangan”, an ancient cemetery with beautifully decorated graves called “Waruga”, that each tell their own story.
- The small village of Woloan, where you can see the Minahasan traditional houses being built, ready for delivery or shipping.
- The traditional food and flower market in Tomohon.
- The high hill of “Rurukan”, with views that stretch as far as the Lembeh Strait in the distance.
- The beautiful “Lake Tondano”, where the mountain air is cool (600 m above sea level) and where you have a beautiful view of the lake and can see the hot spring.
- “Lake Linau” –also known as the three coloured lake- because of the volcanic gas around the shores.
The guide cost per person for this trip is US $90 and includes a local lunch, bottled water, English speaking guide and air-conditioned transportation. A minimum of two people is required to run this trip.
Please note that at some of the above mentioned sights, it is greatly appreciated to leave a small donation for the local communities, which are not included in the cost of the tour. Please also note: you are in the Minahasa highlands and they do sell local “delicacies” (think bats, jungle-rats and dogs), so please let your guide know if you do not want to see these and we will avoid this section of the market.
Ready for your next adventure?
Great Escapes Diving Holidays Ltd
Office hours: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 10.00am - 12.00pm
Tel: 01473 921888